Share
View previous topicGo downView next topic
avatar
Standard Member
Posts Posts : 169

Gold Gold : 6996

Likes Likes : 31

View user profile

xAverage's Amiibo All-Stars 2: Doubles (xAAA2)

on 11/19/2016, 1:54 pm
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
First topic message reminder :

Rules:

  • Doubles
  • Single Elimination
  • 3 Stock (6 per team), best of 3, no time limit.
  • No Smash Ball
  • No EPS
  • No Macs
  • All matches will be played on Battlefield.
  • S and A Tier Amiibo cannot be paired with S or A Tier Amiibo (S/A + S/A = NO; S + B = YES; A + C = YES)
  • You can send 3 teams. This may expand later, but for now only 3 teams. I hope to get 50-60 teams in this tournament.
  • Stats must be legit (Equal 120 or less)
  • Amiibo will not be saved this time.
  • Seeding will be randomized, but I will modify a few (if necessary) so you do not face yourself in the early stages of the tournament.


Send Amiibo to josef.santos12@yahoo.com

Challonge Bracket: http://challonge.com/xAAA2/

UPDATE: A few entrants were rule-breaking (No S/A + S/A Teams), thus I added a few of my non-A/S tiered Amiibo as partners to allow those entrants to compete. More info is in the description on the Bracket. These new teams are entered without any prior experience with each other. No training was implemented. I solely wanted to keep the tournament relatively large and at least give the Amiibo that were entered a chance. On a more positive note, the tournament is starting!


Total Teams: 37


Last edited by Xaverage on 12/10/2016, 3:04 pm; edited 4 times in total

___________________
1st Place:
Lucifer (Dark Pit) - BAT #4

Demonspawn (Toon Link) - Flash Fight 8
Roy Toy (Roy) - ACE: One Last Run!

2nd Place:
iRobot (Mega Man) - xAAA1

3rd Place:
Roy Toy (Roy) - xAAA1

4th Place:
Excalibur & Mordecai (Mii Swordfighter and Falco) - xAAA2

5th Place:
Agent S (Zero Suit Samus) - xAAA4

avatar
Standard Member
Posts Posts : 94

Gold Gold : 6198

Likes Likes : 13

View user profile

Re: xAverage's Amiibo All-Stars 2: Doubles (xAAA2)

on 12/3/2016, 8:27 pm
GG Blakers. That went down to the wire.

___________________
Bowser - AASC6 and 7 Winner

Lucina - Amiibrawl 4, 3rd Place w/ Havok's Shulk
            xAAA1 Winner

Marth - BOAT 4 YOLO, 3rd Place

Rosalina- GMAT 4 Winner

Shulk/Roy - xAAA2 Winners as Sacred Swords

Mewtwo - ACE OLR, 3rd Place

Robin - Amiibrawl 12, 2nd Place

Dark Pit - Aradio Amiibo Tournament 1 2017, 2nd Place
              Amiibrawl 13, 2nd Place
avatar
Mega Member
Posts Posts : 514

Gold Gold : 20913

Likes Likes : 58

View user profile

Re: xAverage's Amiibo All-Stars 2: Doubles (xAAA2)

on 12/3/2016, 8:31 pm
GG Cyrox and XenoWars!

___________________
Tournament Wins:

AMIIBOMANIA 2 (Bowser)
Weekly Amiibo Skirmish 6 (Lucario)
Amiibrawl 3 (Charizard)
Blakers' Online Amiibo Tournament 4 (Lucina)
Amiibrawl 8 (Lucario)
Flash Fight 9 (Ness)
Amiibrawl 18 (Rosalina)
Super Smash Brawlers (Ganondorf)
Flash Fight 13 (Luigi)
avatar
Standard Member
Posts Posts : 169

Gold Gold : 6996

Likes Likes : 31

View user profile

Re: xAverage's Amiibo All-Stars 2: Doubles (xAAA2)

on 12/3/2016, 8:36 pm
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
Final 4
Keethkon's Booty Plug and Kobayashidef. Average's Excalibur and Mordecai (1-6, 6-2, 6-4)
That first set was surprisingly quick. A double Kill off a Smash attack and another double kill off a counter led Excalibur and Mordecai to a quick strong set one. Into the second, they struggled like Dorf and Miss Fit did in the previous match. They get Kobayashi to 150+%, left him alone, then got destroyed by Booty Plug as they were unable to get any damage on him. In the third set, for a championship bid, Excalibur and Mordecai got stuck in betwen Kobayashi and Booty Plug leaving them conflicted on who to face. Instead of making a move, Kobayashi knocked them both out. Counters after counter was used by both swordfighters evening up the score at 3 stocks a piece. But Luigi's constant auto-heal made it very hard for the 2 to pull out the win. Excalibur ended up stuck in the 1v2 (1 stock to 4). A dodge into a smash attack and then another counter allowed him to take 2 more stocks, but it wasn't enough for the win. GG Keeth, good luck in the finals!

Cyrox's Sacred Swords def. Xenowars' The Counter Smashers
This was kind of funny to watch. Swords and bodies were flying everywhere. But the Sacred Swords proved they deserved the win. After shoving their foes off the stage, they prevented any attempts to make it back on. They hit those perfect frame smashes preventing the recoveries. Staying together seemed to carry them onward to the end. They combo neutral attacks perfectly and racked up loads of damage to finish off their foes. Good luck in the finals.

___________________
1st Place:
Lucifer (Dark Pit) - BAT #4

Demonspawn (Toon Link) - Flash Fight 8
Roy Toy (Roy) - ACE: One Last Run!

2nd Place:
iRobot (Mega Man) - xAAA1

3rd Place:
Roy Toy (Roy) - xAAA1

4th Place:
Excalibur & Mordecai (Mii Swordfighter and Falco) - xAAA2

5th Place:
Agent S (Zero Suit Samus) - xAAA4
Standard Member
Posts Posts : 278

Gold Gold : 26144

Likes Likes : 14

View user profile

Re: xAverage's Amiibo All-Stars 2: Doubles (xAAA2)

on 12/3/2016, 8:39 pm
@Xaverage wrote:Final 4
Keethkon's Booty Plug and Kobayashidef. Average's Excalibur and Mordecai (1-6, 6-2, 6-4)
That first set was surprisingly quick. A double Kill off a Smash attack and another double kill off a counter led Excalibur and Mordecai to a quick strong set one. Into the second, they struggled like Dorf and Miss Fit did in the previous match. They get Kobayashi to 150+%, left him alone, then got destroyed by Booty Plug as they were unable to get any damage on him. In the third set, for a championship bid, Excalibur and Mordecai got stuck in betwen Kobayashi and Booty Plug leaving them conflicted on who to face. Instead of making a move, Kobayashi knocked them both out. Counters after counter was used by both swordfighters evening up the score at 3 stocks a piece. But Luigi's constant auto-heal made it very hard for the 2 to pull out the win. Excalibur ended up stuck in the 1v2 (1 stock to 4). A dodge into a smash attack and then another counter allowed him to take 2 more stocks, but it wasn't enough for the win. GG Keeth, good luck in the finals!

Cyrox's Sacred Swords def. Xenowars' The Counter Smashers
This was kind of funny to watch. Swords and bodies were flying everywhere. But the Sacred Swords proved they deserved the win. After shoving their foes off the stage, they prevented any attempts to make it back on. They hit those perfect frame smashes preventing the recoveries. Staying together seemed to carry them onward to the end. They combo neutral attacks perfectly and racked up loads of damage to finish off their foes. Good luck in the finals.
GG, Xaverage. Looks like my amiibo adapted somehow on that one. Thanks for the results!
avatar
Standard Member
Posts Posts : 169

Gold Gold : 6996

Likes Likes : 31

View user profile

Re: xAverage's Amiibo All-Stars 2: Doubles (xAAA2)

on 12/3/2016, 8:43 pm
@Keethkon wrote:
@Xaverage wrote:Final 4
Keethkon's Booty Plug and Kobayashidef. Average's Excalibur and Mordecai (1-6, 6-2, 6-4)
That first set was surprisingly quick. A double Kill off a Smash attack and another double kill off a counter led Excalibur and Mordecai to a quick strong set one. Into the second, they struggled like Dorf and Miss Fit did in the previous match. They get Kobayashi to 150+%, left him alone, then got destroyed by Booty Plug as they were unable to get any damage on him. In the third set, for a championship bid, Excalibur and Mordecai got stuck in betwen Kobayashi and Booty Plug leaving them conflicted on who to face. Instead of making a move, Kobayashi knocked them both out. Counters after counter was used by both swordfighters evening up the score at 3 stocks a piece. But Luigi's constant auto-heal made it very hard for the 2 to pull out the win. Excalibur ended up stuck in the 1v2 (1 stock to 4). A dodge into a smash attack and then another counter allowed him to take 2 more stocks, but it wasn't enough for the win. GG Keeth, good luck in the finals!

Cyrox's Sacred Swords def. Xenowars' The Counter Smashers
This was kind of funny to watch. Swords and bodies were flying everywhere. But the Sacred Swords proved they deserved the win. After shoving their foes off the stage, they prevented any attempts to make it back on. They hit those perfect frame smashes preventing the recoveries. Staying together seemed to carry them onward to the end. They combo neutral attacks perfectly and racked up loads of damage to finish off their foes. Good luck in the finals.
GG, Xaverage. Looks like my amiibo adapted somehow on that one. Thanks for the results!
They adapted extremely well lol. I was so hyped after the first set, but that Luigi is hard to take out. I remember my last tournament too he was pretty damn strong. I'm happy a Mii Swordfighter is in the final though haha

___________________
1st Place:
Lucifer (Dark Pit) - BAT #4

Demonspawn (Toon Link) - Flash Fight 8
Roy Toy (Roy) - ACE: One Last Run!

2nd Place:
iRobot (Mega Man) - xAAA1

3rd Place:
Roy Toy (Roy) - xAAA1

4th Place:
Excalibur & Mordecai (Mii Swordfighter and Falco) - xAAA2

5th Place:
Agent S (Zero Suit Samus) - xAAA4
avatar
Standard Member
Posts Posts : 94

Gold Gold : 6198

Likes Likes : 13

View user profile

Re: xAverage's Amiibo All-Stars 2: Doubles (xAAA2)

on 12/3/2016, 8:45 pm
GG Xenowar. Got to avenge one of my other teams loss funny enough.

Now to throw down with Keeth. Oh dear.

___________________
Bowser - AASC6 and 7 Winner

Lucina - Amiibrawl 4, 3rd Place w/ Havok's Shulk
            xAAA1 Winner

Marth - BOAT 4 YOLO, 3rd Place

Rosalina- GMAT 4 Winner

Shulk/Roy - xAAA2 Winners as Sacred Swords

Mewtwo - ACE OLR, 3rd Place

Robin - Amiibrawl 12, 2nd Place

Dark Pit - Aradio Amiibo Tournament 1 2017, 2nd Place
              Amiibrawl 13, 2nd Place
avatar
Standard Member
Posts Posts : 67

Gold Gold : 5175

Likes Likes : 20

View user profile

Re: xAverage's Amiibo All-Stars 2: Doubles (xAAA2)

on 12/3/2016, 8:49 pm
@Xaverage wrote:Xenowars' Technical Tag-Team def. Hihahaba's Weird Rodents (6-4, 4-6, 6-4)
I felt like each set was something completely different. One set Angel Dude (Dark Pit) took over. Another Sportachu. But the common factor in all three was that it was complete mayhem. Everyone jumping and flying around. It was messing to be frank. If I'm being 100% honest, these two teams looked like their owners just wanted to throw another team in so they grabbed 2 random Amiibo and called them a team. There was barely any cohesive play with these two teams. For Technical Tag-Team, I hope they can muster something up in the following stages, or they're going to be sent packing quick.
I forgot, about the bowser  Shocked Shocked Shocked

___________________
Ya'll are nerds. Twitter is where the cool kids are at: https://twitter.com/Hihahaba
avatar
Standard Member
Posts Posts : 169

Gold Gold : 6996

Likes Likes : 31

View user profile

Re: xAverage's Amiibo All-Stars 2: Doubles (xAAA2)

on 12/3/2016, 8:50 pm
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
Finals/3rd Place


Cyrox's Sacred Swords def. Keethkon's Booty Plug and Kobayashi
Throughout the tournament, the Sacred Swords stuck extremely close together in their fights. This allowed them to save the other on shield breaks, grabs, etc. This was no different in the Final. They showed Kobayashi who the true swordfighter was. With their high damage smashes and quick swordsmanship, they took care of Kobayashi. However, in the final moments in Set 2 it took nearly 2 minutes for them to lock down the 1 stock Luigi to claim their championship.


xAverage's Excalibur and Mordecai def. Xenowars' the Counter Smashers
This match was pretty back and forth. The Counter Smashers outranged Mordecai and Excalibur, but these two agile Amiibo kept together mand moved in sync. After winning the close 1st set, they lost the 2nd, and then there was the third set. They were down by 2 stocks, quick smashes my Excalibur knocked Xunkha away and allowed them to take care of Radiance then Xunkha one at a time to even the score. A bit more back and forth, smashes here and there, led to a 1v1 between Excalibur and Randiance. In the end, Randiance pulled off the VERY RARE Ike counter to lock up that bronze medal.

*Funnily enough, that Ike Counter was the only Counter I saw the Counter Smashers use... And it was to beat me. :(


Last edited by Xaverage on 12/3/2016, 8:52 pm; edited 1 time in total

___________________
1st Place:
Lucifer (Dark Pit) - BAT #4

Demonspawn (Toon Link) - Flash Fight 8
Roy Toy (Roy) - ACE: One Last Run!

2nd Place:
iRobot (Mega Man) - xAAA1

3rd Place:
Roy Toy (Roy) - xAAA1

4th Place:
Excalibur & Mordecai (Mii Swordfighter and Falco) - xAAA2

5th Place:
Agent S (Zero Suit Samus) - xAAA4
avatar
Standard Member
Posts Posts : 169

Gold Gold : 6996

Likes Likes : 31

View user profile

Re: xAverage's Amiibo All-Stars 2: Doubles (xAAA2)

on 12/3/2016, 8:51 pm
@hihahaba wrote:
@Xaverage wrote:Xenowars' Technical Tag-Team def. Hihahaba's Weird Rodents (6-4, 4-6, 6-4)
I felt like each set was something completely different. One set Angel Dude (Dark Pit) took over. Another Sportachu. But the common factor in all three was that it was complete mayhem. Everyone jumping and flying around. It was messing to be frank. If I'm being 100% honest, these two teams looked like their owners just wanted to throw another team in so they grabbed 2 random Amiibo and called them a team. There was barely any cohesive play with these two teams. For Technical Tag-Team, I hope they can muster something up in the following stages, or they're going to be sent packing quick.
I forgot, about the bowser  Shocked Shocked Shocked
Haha, I didn't mean to be mean! Hope it wasn't too harsh!

___________________
1st Place:
Lucifer (Dark Pit) - BAT #4

Demonspawn (Toon Link) - Flash Fight 8
Roy Toy (Roy) - ACE: One Last Run!

2nd Place:
iRobot (Mega Man) - xAAA1

3rd Place:
Roy Toy (Roy) - xAAA1

4th Place:
Excalibur & Mordecai (Mii Swordfighter and Falco) - xAAA2

5th Place:
Agent S (Zero Suit Samus) - xAAA4
avatar
Standard Member
Posts Posts : 67

Gold Gold : 5175

Likes Likes : 20

View user profile

Re: xAverage's Amiibo All-Stars 2: Doubles (xAAA2)

on 12/3/2016, 8:52 pm
@Xaverage wrote:
@hihahaba wrote:
@Xaverage wrote:Xenowars' Technical Tag-Team def. Hihahaba's Weird Rodents (6-4, 4-6, 6-4)
I felt like each set was something completely different. One set Angel Dude (Dark Pit) took over. Another Sportachu. But the common factor in all three was that it was complete mayhem. Everyone jumping and flying around. It was messing to be frank. If I'm being 100% honest, these two teams looked like their owners just wanted to throw another team in so they grabbed 2 random Amiibo and called them a team. There was barely any cohesive play with these two teams. For Technical Tag-Team, I hope they can muster something up in the following stages, or they're going to be sent packing quick.
I forgot, about the bowser  :shock: :shock: :shock:
Haha, I didn't mean to be mean! Hope it wasn't too harsh!
I accidentally quoted the "weird rodents" part instead of pk power

Though you're not wrong about "weird rodents"

___________________
Ya'll are nerds. Twitter is where the cool kids are at: https://twitter.com/Hihahaba
View previous topicBack to topView next topic
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum