View previous topicGo downView next topic
Mega Member
Posts Posts : 526

Gold Gold : 14557

Likes Likes : 20

View user profile

Wii U Input help

on 3/14/2017, 6:53 pm
Ok, I've been unable to go on my Wii U for 2 weeks because of this. Let me explain what's going on;

The input thing is 'broken', as in it's on Non-HDMI at the moment, and the only TVs here are HDMI (no Red-White-Yellow cords either), meaning that I can try to fix it, but if I try, I'll be going 'blind'.  That means in order to fix it, I'll have to deal with a black screen in the process.  I only have a Wiimote/Wiimote+Nunchuk to do it with (I still can't find the Gamepad, considering getting a new one), so there's that.

To revise;

• I need to switch inputs on the Wii U
  • I'm going blind ("screen-less")

• Available controllers are the Wiimote/Wiimote+Nunchuk
  • I have no Non-HDMI TVs or cords with me at the moment

There's all the info I have!
If you have help for me, please give step-by-step instructions (very precise instructions).
If you don't fully understand, tell me what I should word differently so you can understand.

Oh yeah, I had the idea that if I connected it to an HDMI TV and cable, then switched it to a Non-HDMI TV and cable, I wouldn't be blind and the console would still ask me if I wanted to switch to HDMI, thus voila, I can play again!
Test it out for me, I might be able to do just that when I receive a Non-HDMI cable!

Mario (grACEscale) 9th Place
Mii Fighters (AMG10) 17th Place
Mii Swordfighter (PUAT) 9th Place
Maro (PUAT) 17th Place

Mario's getting worse, Mii Fighters getting better...tier lists are backwards for my amiibo lol
Standard Member
Posts Posts : 301

Gold Gold : 17056

Likes Likes : 8

View user profile

Re: Wii U Input help

on 3/26/2017, 8:53 am
I've had this problem on ps3 before actually, however I have not had it on the WII U. Honestly I didn't even know the Wii U had an AV mode. Considering the fact that the machines interfaces are different I cant be of any assistance, this posts probably old as hell anyways.

Sorry I couldn't help ya, if your still having this problem though I'm sure theres probably a solution for it somewhere online or in the booklet that comes with the system
View previous topicBack to topView next topic
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum